Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 Ounces Brie Cheese, rind cut off, cut into cubes
- 2 Large Apples (about 1 pound), peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Stalk of Celery, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups of Chicken Stock or Water
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter, unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 1/4 Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Salt, to taste
Pour in the chicken stock or water while continuing to whisk the mixture. Add the white pepper, cumin, and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to a simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the mixture from heat and puree in a blender or food processor. Return the pureed mixture to the pot and bring back to a medium temperature. Add the cheese cubes. After the cheese has melted, mix together well. Add salt to your taste.
Just before serving whisk in the heavy cream. Serve with good bread.