Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 - 2 Pound Fresh Pumpkin, seed and skin removed, diced
- 1/2 Pound Yukon Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1/2 Sweet Yellow Onion, sliced thin
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Cream Sherry
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 4 Ounces Gruyere Cheese, grated, for garnish
Add the stock or water, orange juice, and sherry. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until pumpkin is soft and easily pierced with a fork (about 1 hour).
Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer back to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle Gruyere over individual portions and serve with a hearty bread.