Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 12 Whole Sardines, scaled and guts removed
- 1 Large Tomato, diced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 Sweet Yellow Onion, such as Vidalia, peeled and diced fine
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 Bunch Mint, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
- Juice of Half Lemon
In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, onion, garlic, lemon juice, and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Brush the sardines with olive oil inside and out. Place on grill and cook each side until flesh is firm, about 2-3 minutes.
Fill the cavity of each sardine with 2-3 tablespoons of mint salsa. Sprinkle a little sea salt on top of the fish.
Stack the sardines on a platter and serve warm.