Recipe reprinted with permission from Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites by Jaden Hair (Ten Speed, 2013). [Compare Prices]
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 11/2 cups sake or dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 shallot, sliced into very thin rings
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
Heat a large sauté pan, deep soup pot, or wok over high heat with the sake, ginger, garlic, and shallots. When the mixture comes to a boil, add the mussels and cover. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the mussels open.
Toss in the basil and serve immediately.
Find the best Gourmet Specialty Foods, Supplies, and Cookware