Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 Pound skinless, boneless Pacific halibut, cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Aji Amarillo paste
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 Aji Amarillo chile, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 1 red Jalapeño chile, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced or grated
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 firm, ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 small jicama, peeled and julienned into one-inch strips
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas, fried until crisp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 head green cabbage, thinly shredded, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine halibut and 1/2 cup of lime juice. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes, then drain, discarding the liquid.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of lime juice, Aji Amarillo paste and olive oil.
- Stir in onion, chiles, ginger and cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add avocado, jicama, and halibut; stir gently to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Chill thoroughly then serve on a thin bed of shredded cabbage atop the crispy corn tortillas.
Recipe Variation: Serve in a chilled martini glass, garnished with tortilla chips.
Consuming raw or uncooked meats, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.