Fast and easy, here is a beautifully rich dip for tortilla chips. Equally great for an elegant party or a football game. Created by Chef Jose Garces of Tinto restaurant in Philadelphia.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 pound dungeness crab meat, picked
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, brunoise
- 1 roasted jalapeno chile, small dice
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded, brunoise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chiffonade
- 1 lime, juiced (About 4 tablespoons)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 cups crispy tortilla chips
In a molcajete or large bowl, mash garlic and jalapeno, then add the avocado, crabmeat, red onions, tomatoes, cilantro and lime juice, and season with salt.
Serve with crispy tortilla chips.