Fresh herbs make a lovely addition to a green salad. Chopped and incorporated into a vinaigrette, the fresh herb taste will transform any salad into something special. I've chosen four herbs here that work well together but any fresh herbs will do. Don't be afraid to experiment.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sorrel, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the olive oil. Gradually add the olive oil while whisking vigorously. Use within three days.