Recipe created by Chef Aarón Sanchez.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Serve 4
- 4 oz. Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, shredded
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 10 individual fresh squash blossoms, or 2 cups of sliced zucchini
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh epazote, or cilantro finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
To compose the quesadilla lay 2 of the tortillas on a flat surface.Distribute the cheese equally on both tortillas. Then, spread ½ of the squash blossom filling over the cheese. Cover with the other tortilla, place on heated griddle on nonstick sauté pan with a little oil, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. When nice and golden brown on each side and cheese has melted, remove and cut into quarters.