Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- 3 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes or balls (using melon baller)
- 3 cups cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes or balls
- 3 cups honeydew melon, cut into 1-inch cubes or balls
- 1 bottle rose Champagne
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (4-inch piece)
- 2 star anise pods
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 2 sprigs of dried lavender (about 2 tablespoons)
In a medium pot, add the champagne, sugar, cinnamon stick, star anise, and vanilla beans. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the lavender.
Let everything steep for about 20 minutes then transfer to the refrigerator. Let the mixture completely cool, then strain the syrup through a sieve or cheesecloth into a large bowl.
Add the three melons to the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
To serve, scoop a portion of melon into a martini glass, wine glass, or dessert bowl. Ladle a small amount of the syrup over the fruit, just enough to cover the bottom of the glass or bowl.