Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Pound Rhubarb, washed, leaves removed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Pint Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (2-4 inches)
- 2 Star Anise Pods (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Grand Marnier or Eau de Vie de Fraise (strawberry brandy)
- 1/4 Cup Marscapone
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to garnish
Serves 6 - 8.
In a large pot, add the rhubarb, strawberries, orange juice, cinnamon stick, and star anise. Bring to a boil and cook until the rhubarb is tender (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Carefully remove the cinnamon stick and star anise. Add the sugar to the pot and stir until it dissolves. Taste and add more sugar if you like it sweeter.
Let mixture cool slightly, then pour into a food processor. Puree until smooth. Strain soup through a sieve into another container. Stir in Grand Marnier or Eau de Vie de Fraise.
Refrigerate until cold (at least 2 hours).
To serve, pour soup into small bowls. Add a spoonful of marscapone in the center and sprinkle a pinch of black pepper over the top.