Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons (8 grams) medium-size loose-leaf green tea or 4 green tea bags
- one 5-inch cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 8 whole star anise or 1 1/2 tablespoons broken star anise pieces
- 4 cups boiling water
1. Put the tea leaves or tea bags into a pre-warmed teapots and set aside.
2. Put the cinnamon stick and star anise into a 4-cup heatproof measuring cup and add the boiling water. Stir to mix, then infuse for 2 minutes.
3. Quickly pour the infusion into the teapot, straining carefully to keep the cinnamon and star anise from going into the teapot. Steep the tea in the spice infusion for 2 minutes.
4. Strain the brewed tea into teacups and serve immediately.