Reprinted with permission from Sips and Apps: Classic and Contemporary Recipes for Cocktails and Appetizers by Kathy Casey (Chronicle Books, May 2009).
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
- Rosemary Sugar (recipe follows)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce limoncello
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1 rosemary sprig for garnish
- * * * * Rosemary Sugar * * * *
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup superfine or baker’s sugar
Rim a large martini glass with rosemary sugar, and set aside. Bend 1 rosemary sprig and drop into a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice. Measure in the vodka, limoncello, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Cap and shake vigorously. Strain into the sugar-rimmed glass. Float a rosemary sprig in the drink for garnish.
Tip: If you don’t have limoncello, then increase the lemon juice and simple syrup to 3/4 ounce each.