This cocktail recipe comes from Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan, cousins and proprietors of Commander's Palace
and Cafe Adelaide & the Swizzle Stick Bar
in New Orleans.
"Whoa, Nelli!" is was created in celebration of the first post-Katrina Mardi Gras.
Check out their new book, In the Land of Cocktails (William Morrow Cookbooks 2007). Compare Prices
- 1 1/4 ounces Sazerac rye or other rye
- 3/4 ounce dark rum, such as Myers's
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
Fill a Martini glass with ice and set aside to chill. Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Discard the ice from the glass. Strain the drink into the glass and serve immediately.