Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 6 Lamb Chops
- 1 1/2 Pounds Yukon Potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 4 Ounces Fresh Morels (or 1 ounce dried, reconstituted in hot water for 15 minutes), quartered
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Tyme
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Asiago Cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, combine the basil, thyme, oregano with the olive oil.
Brush the lamb chops with a little olive oil. Season each side of the chop with a little salt and pepper and place under the broil. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn the chops over and cook for another 2 minutes.
Remove the chops from the oven and coat one side with the herb mixture. Return to broiler, herb side up. Cook for another 3 minutes or to desired doneness.
In a medium fry pan, melt one tablespoon of butter over medium heat and add the morel. Saute for 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl, add the morels to the potatoes along with the remaining butter and cream. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the potatoes until creamy. Fold in the Asiago cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Place potatoes on individual plates with one or two lamb chops.