Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- 3 - 4 Pounds Chicken Breast, bone-in or Whole Chicken cut into pieces
- 2 Large Tomatoes, stem and seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Jalapenos, stem and seeds removed, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder, preferably Ancho
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Cup Water
Place all the ingredients (except for the chicken, wine, and water) in a large bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and toss until the chicken is well coated. Let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Place the chicken in a 9 inch x 13 inch pan or dish. Pour any remaining tomato mixture over the top of the chicken. Add the wine and water to the pan. Loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil and place into the oven.
After 30 minutes remove the foil from the pan. Continue to cook until the chicken is firm and juices run clear, about another 15 minutes.