This blueberry, banana, and orange smoothie gets an amazing Vitamin C boost from the camu camu berry, an Amazonian superfruit that's rich in beneficial phytonutrients. It's a delicious on-the-go-breakfast, and a great fortifier during cold season. You can find organic camu powder ($20/3 oz) online at NavitasNaturals.com.
Tip: Frozen fruit makes the frostiest smoothies. Peel, slice, and freeze a few bananas so you'll have them on hand for busy mornings.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 large or 2 medium smoothies
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) orange juice
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced, preferably frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 1/2 tbsp vanilla whey protein, or other protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp camu powder
Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Pulse a few times, then puree until smooth, about 45 to 60 seconds. Pour into glasses and enjoy!