What does NASFT stand for?
The National Association for the Specialty Food Trade.
Mission: "To foster a thriving specialty food marketplace." As the preeminent specialty foods organization, the NASFT is dedicated to helping specialty food companies thrive, and to promoting the specialty food industry on an international scale. To that end, the NASFT produces trade shows, publications, and websites, and hosts the annual sofi™ Awards.
Trade Shows: Each year, the NASFT produces the Summer and Winter Fancy Food Shows. Open to specialty food retailers, foodservices, distributors, and the press, the tremendous shows collectively bring together thousands of exhibitors, distributors and attendees from across the global specialty food marketplace.
Awards: The NASFT administrates and hosts the prestigious annual sofi™ Awards, which recognize outstanding specialty food and beverage products produced by member businesses.
Publications: Specialty Food Magazine®
- Specialty Food News - Web-based news briefs with articles relevant to members of the specialty food trade. A digest-style daily e-newsletter is also available.
- Specailtyfood.com - The NASFT's industry-oriented website. The site is a vast portal of information about the specialty food industry, including details about the NASFT, the Fancy Food Shows and sofi™ Awards. There's aslo a knowledge center and online community for specialty food professionals.
- Foodspring.com - A consumer-friendly website that serves as a hub for information about the specialty food industry. The site includes recipes and entertaining tips, producer profiles, an interface for exploring international and ethnic foods, articles on food trends and new products, and user forums.
Organization Type: A 501(c)6, private, not-for-profit trade organization.
- Exhibiting Members - This membership level is open to established specialty food trade companies.
- Member Candidates - A membership tier for specialty food companies with fewer than five retail accounts.
- Buyers' Circle - A membership category comprised of buyers in the specialty food industry.
Current membership: Close to 3000 specialty food businesses.
President: Ann Daw
136 Madison Avenue, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016